I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Too much of a good thing?

FPD #12: Inside your closet
Really? Why is this on the list? Who wants to see inside my closet? I don't.

My clothes are actually organized, but you can't tell by the edges hanging down. When I was looking at my closet, I noticed how weird my shoe stackers look. Why on earth do I have 20 pairs of the same kind of shoes?!

TOMS and Crocs. That's pretty much my Africa-wear. This place is DUSTY. The first thing I do when I come home from being out all day is wash my feet and legs. And any house keeper considers it part of their job to wash and clean shoes on a regular basis. That was weird for me, but I totally see the need for it. But washing and setting shoes outside to dry in this hot, intense equator sun is really hard on leather shoes. But, Crocs are perfect for that. Wash-and-wear! And same with TOMS. They are not leather, and they are easily washable.

And of all my Crocs, not one pair of the big, oversized ones that most people think of as Crocs. And I think there are a few cute ones. :-)
And TOMS, though I was resistant to the bandwagon trend of them at first, have become my favs!! Especially the super cute wedges! Totally worth it.
post signature

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...