I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Letters to Julia - Homeschool Girl

Dear Julia,


My little student. I have had lots of students in the past years, but I must say that you are my favorite! It's not exactly the same as your school in America, but you are still doing so good and learning so much. 
 It is quite a challenge for me to figure out how to give you the time you need for school. I don't know how long we will be able to do this, but I am loving the time we do have now. You are so smart, and you love to learn. And I love to teach you.

Since you don't get to go to school and take your rest mat and lunch kit with you, and we don't have a school bus, we did our own Kenyan version of pretend school this week! You got to ride to the baby house in a tuk-tuk with our friend while Mommy stayed home to do work. 

You are such a big girl! I can't imagine that one day you would be big enough to get on a real school bus and go to school by yourself. Good thing we have that agreement that you are going to stop growing and stay my little girl forever! 


I love you, baby girl! Can't wait to see all that you are going to learn this week...and the next, and the next, and the next....


Love,
Mommy

post signature

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...