I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Karibu!

FPD #9: Front door
Habari ya asubuhi na karibu nyumbani kwetu! (Good morning, and welcome to our home!)

Just a few minutes on Pinterest and my front door is put to shame. But I do like "my people" that greet me at the front door every day. Kenyan doors are not really "pretty." They are definitely built for security, not aesthetics. How pretty can you make metal and bars?! Getting into a door means a lot of clanking, knocking, and banging of metal. No one can sneak into my house! To get from outside, to inside my house and lock the door, there are a total of 9 locks and latches. But it's "home," and I love it!
post signature

1 comments:

Rebekah said...

The sounds of your front and backdoor... something I'll never forget! I like your little people at the front too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...