I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Monday, February 6, 2012

From morning 'til evening

I'm catching up with FPD today with Day 5 and 6.
FPD #5: 10am
10am - MMM (Monday Management Meeting) I meet each Monday morning with my management staff. We all have our notebooks and calendars out to compare. It is amazing how busy we have become as an organization and how important it is that we meet and plan! Today, we went to a fun little cafe and shared a vanilla cake. I, of course, enjoyed my Diet Coke - with ice, one of the main reasons I chose this cafe today.

FPD #6: Dinner
...but not mine. :-) This is Freddy with the boys' dinner ugali. Yuck. Yuck, yuck, yuck. This is one (of many) Kenyan food(s) that I will never learn to enjoy. A big blob of bleck. This is maize flour and water boiled into a semi-hard pile of mush that is turned out of the cooking pot and onto a plate in one giant blob. It is served in big chunks, then pinched off, squeezed with your hands and used as a utensil to eat sukuma wiki, a kind of greens. Kenyans LOVE this. It is hands-down the most "Kenyan" food and they don't consider a meal complete without it. (I don't consider a meal with it...unless, of course, I am eating dinner in a Kenyan's home.) So, as usual, the boys are having ugali for dinner tonight.
post signature

1 comments:

MississippiMom said...

Come on, Trena! You know ugali is good!! I know, I know...I'm one crazy mzungu for liking it so much, but I'll be honest, I'd love some ugali and sukuma wiki for supper tonight! And that's not just a strange pregnancy craving.

Praying for you....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...