I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Friday, February 10, 2012

THIS is why I don't do self portraits

Some friends and I went on a little day trip to Nairobi today. We got to pretend we were normal Americans, going to a place in Nairobi that is a very big taste of America. This is where we stock up on all things American. We planned to go to about four different places, but ended up spending the whole day at Village Market. In all the years I lived in Nairobi, I never spent so much time there!

As we were leaving, literally driving through the exit gate, I finally remembered that I was supposed to take a self portrait picture today. Well, there's a reason I don't do these! (And I know I could get creative and think of a different way, but the good ole hold-and-shoot self portrait is what we've got today.) Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I usually have a 10 pound camera in my hand. Not so easy to hold. Okay, it's not that big of a camera, but it's still not so easy to hold up with one hand. And it looks really goofy to try to take self shots with this big thing, especially when we were driving through the exit gate.

FPD #10: Self portrait

I tried to take a picture of myself and my friends Haley and Chia. First of all, it just wasn't right. That 10 pound camera thing. I tried to do some "test" shots to see if the settings were right.

 But then we weren't even able to see Chia in the "for real" pictures.
 (I'm not driving here, by the way. Our steering is backwards.)
 And then the big shadow on Haley's face.
So we just gave up.
But at least I'm not giving up on the February Photo a Day challenge!! :-) I'll be back tomorrow....
post signature

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

"I LOVE VILLAGE MARKET"--Ju :)

Trena said...

Haha! She does. And it was my first time in 3 years to be there without her. :-( It felt weird, kinda like I was betraying her.

caitlin irene said...

I love your laughing pictures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...