I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Phones, lovely phones

FPD #15: Phone (a day late)

Trena + Phones + Kenya = Drama. I can't count how many phones I have had since I moved here. They have broken, been lost, broken, been stolen, broken, had technical difficulties, broken. I've had my share of phone issues.

Some people are surprised by the ease of communication here, the accessibility and affordability of phones and airtime. I tell you, everyone has a phone here. They may not have electricity to charge the phone, or enough money to top it off, but everyone has them. You can buy phones for as little as $10. There are no contracts, and you can buy phone credit in any amount above 10 cents. I have been through my share of cheap Kenyan phones. I guess they simply aren't designed for much use.

So, here is my beautiful ghetto-phone, and I tell you, it is high-tech kind of nice by Kenyan standards! I'm not sure how much longer it will last. It spontaneously turns off every 2-3 hours, the screen flickers off when I press the left side buttons, and the keypad blacks out for a few seconds when I press the right side buttons. I'm just praying it hangs on a few more weeks until I can get my phone that I (er...Kris) ordered on eBay!
And here is the best use of this phone! Julia's lifeline to Nana....and Nana's lifeline to Julia!
post signature

1 comments:

Karen Ivy said...

Love that baby girl! I miss you Ju.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...