I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Letters to Julia - some prayers for you

Dear Julia,


I hope that you know how much I love you! I pray that my words are always uplifting, loving, and encouraging to you. In order for that to happen, I know that my heart must be full of the words of God, because "out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks." (Matthew 12:34)
These are some of the verses that I have been praying over you the past few weeks.
May you grow to know these truths and believe them in complete confidence....


"For you created my inmost being;
You knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Your works are wonderful,
I know that full well."   (Psalm 139:13-14)


"You know with all your heart and soul that not one word has failed of all the good things that the Lord your God promised concerning you. All have come to pass for you; not one of them has failed." (Joshua 23:14)
I also pray every day that the Lord will give you a heart like His and begin to develop your character into the girl He has created you to be. I pray that you will have a heart to serve, to be kind, and generous, and that you would show compassion to others in all that you do.


"Put on then, as God's chosen one, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience." (Colossians 3:12)


"They {you} are to do good, to be rich in good works, generous and ready to share." (I Timothy 6:18)


That you would be a "...servant of Christ, doing the will go God from the heart, rendering service with a good will, as to the Lord and not to man." (Ephesians 6:6-7) 
So, baby girl, those are some of the things I have been praying for you.  May you always know that God Himself created you. He created you for great things, and He has given you all you need to accomplish those great things. You will touch many lives, and the character of the godly woman you will become begins today! 


I love you, you beautiful, precious, girl!
Love, 
Mommy
post signature

1 comments:

Jolene said...

She is beautiful Trena!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...