I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

We're going to America!!!!

God is faithful!
Last night I read Psalm 20 before going to bed. (It was the 20th) These are some verses that I went to bed holding on to:

"May he give you the desire of your heart 
and make all your plans succeed.
We will shout for joy when you are victorious,
and will lift up our banners in the name of our God.
May the Lord grant all your requests." 
(vs 4-5)
"Some trust in chariots and some in horses, 
but we trust in the name of the Lord our God." 
(v. 7)

This morning before I left for the US Embassy for our visa appointment, I read Psalm 21. It goes from petitioning and present tense to past tense. I claimed it!

"You have granted him the desire of his heart
and have not withheld the request of his lips."
(v. 2)
"Surely you have granted him eternal blessings
and made him glad with the joy of your presence."
(v. 6)

So, I carried that word of His presence being with me, while already having granted the desire of our hearts. And throughout the morning, there were definitely were some scary moments where I had to remind myself of those words! But He is faithful, and He did carry me through....from the beginning, over one year ago, to today when we finally received permission to go to America.  And I have no doubt the He will continue to hold us and carry us to the point of setting foot in America!
post signature

2 comments:

Karen Ivy said...

AMEN! AND AMEN!!!! I am thrilled beyond words! Our God is so Awesome! LUM

Alaine said...

Lifting up praise and thanksgiving for His continued care and concern for every detail. So happy to read this post and know God has brought you this joy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...