I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The countdown is on!

With a visa granted and airline tickets bought yesterday, we started our countdown today! With 23 days left, we made our paper chain to count the days.

So, 23 it is! And, boy, do I have a LOT to do to get prepared to leave!
post signature

189. Humphrey listing me as his “mother” on Facebook.
199. New pop-in friends at the baby house who love the Lord.
200.Mom standing to do her hair the morning after an episode.
201. Hearing Kris interact with her family so naturally & comfortably.
202. Responsible Maina who loves taking care of sick puppies.
203. Pinning flowers on baby hats.
204. French toast with homemade bread.
205. Boys opening a box of gifts from new friends in America.
206. Playing Twister with the boys.
207. Serious William bouncing and smiling.

2 comments:

swonch said...

so fun! love it!

Bethany said...

Your countdown chain makes me giggle...I can just see you making it...you can take the teacher out of the classroom...
I love your "thankful list" and it makes me think of something I read the other day that said "that which I refuse to thank Christ for, I refuse to believe Christ can redeem." I love reading about you and your world. Thankyou, Trena for sharing yourself so openly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...