I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Busy times!

Although I knew we would go to America, I was afraid to let myself really "go there" with the reality of it. I felt like I really needed to guard myself and not act on some things in case it did not work out. There have been so many ups and downs along the way, too many last-minute let downs, and many more horror stories of other peoples' journeys than I wanted to hear. I knew I would be even more heart-broken if things did not work out, had I started doing things to prepare.

So, all these things that I knew would need to be done if I were to leave, now need to be done! And there are many! I have had some VERY productive days lately, which is nothing to be taken for granted! Productive days are few and far between when they involve doing business and accomplishing things outside our homes. God has been overly gracious in allowing me to accomplish the tasks I set out to do.

Because of that, I haven't had a chance to write about the many things going on. And there are so many fun things going on that I would LOVE to share! We have had some great times with our boys and our ladies and our babies lately! I have enjoyed them all so much. I believe it is a gift God is giving me before I leave. For now, rather than trying to catch up and sharing some of those great things, I will let our girls tell you about their time here.

Elizabeth Strange is here with us for a few weeks. She is from my home church, Trinity Vineyard, in Houston. Elizabeth brought some great gifts and supplies from Trinity Vineyard, including some fun projects from the kids at VBS. She is journaling about her time with HCO on her blog, A Bigger Plan.  Be sure to click the link to read about things going on here right now.

And Rebekah is doing an awesome job at jumping in and learning the business processes of HCO Kenya. As we have grown, our business plan is in need of revamping in order to be more efficient. Rebekah is already getting things moving in the right direction! In between work times, Rebekah is enjoying time with the boys and babies as well. Be sure to read about her time with HCO on her blog, This Little Light of Mine.

Our "Countdown to America" is at day 15! Two weeks from tomorrow, Julia and I will be heading to Texas!
post signature
Meanwhile, I am still counting God's blessings, my gifts, as constant reminders of His love and grace in my life....

228. The pair of twin roses at the top of the bush.
229. Moses in new school uniform.
230. Elizabeth and the boys playing Uno on the back steps.
231. Hats in sunshine.
232. Little Girl going to sleep with flowers in her hand.
233. Tobias in a tree.
234. Boys, remembered and loved.
235. William's drool down my arm as I talk to a fundi.
236. “Countdown to America”
237. Dark brown, calloused hands carefully creating soft baby things.
238. A hopeful opportunity.
239. Little Girl wants her camera to take a picture of pretty flowers.
240. New baby Sam toddling around with his favorite push toy.
241. Baby boys in blue onsies.
242. David jabbering, message forming.
243. From the ladies to the babies.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...