I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Proverbs 24:17-18

My heart has been a little disturbed over the past day when I watch the news. Then, I read a verse on my mom's Facebook post. Proverbs 24:17-18.

I must say that that I am SO proud of our American troops! I am proud of the work of the special forces who carried out the events of earlier this week, and I am proud of the ones who have worked tirelessly over the past decade to bring us to this point. I am thankful for the many who have sacrificed time with their families, their own personal ambitions, and even their lives so that we may have the freedoms that we live every day, and so that the worlds in which they are working can have a more stable hope of a safe and productive future.

However, I feel there is a great difference in ways we express that pride. It has saddened me to see the people partying and cheering over the death of bin Laden. Yes, it was a sense of victory for our troops, but it was still a death, not something to be gloated over. Those scenes reminded me a lot of what we felt when we watched others cheer over what they saw on 9/11.

My personal thoughts? (and yes, I said my personal thoughts) Keep the Lord's Words in mind.....

"Do not gloat when your enemy fails;
when he stumbles, do not let your heart rejoice,
or the Lord will see and disapprove 
and turn his wrath away from him."
(Proverbs 24:17-18)

post signature

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...