I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Missing our washing machine...but having a great time

How is it that my girls have such great attitudes and can make even the most mundane of chores a good time? These girls really are wonderful and I am so thankful to have such an amazing group of aunties.

Our washing machine is broken so we are all pitching in to get the job done. It has only been a few days, and we hope it will be fixed by Tuesday. Until then, making the most of the situation and enjoying the fun along the way.







post signature

81. Yellow lemonade in girlie pink cups.
82. Dreaming about Julia’s “firsts” in America.
83. Washing with the ladies.
83. Powdered sugar and bananas on French toast.
84. Water running down my arm while hanging nappies on the line.
84. Burning new candles.
85. Cold water in warm sun.
86. Splashing water on little ones.
87. Mid-May granddaughter Easter cards from Nana and Papa.
88. Little Girl on piles of pink pillows.
89. Memories of youthful yellow labs.
90. Basins full of baby clothes.
91. Rows of nappies on the line.
92. Aunties laughing.

2 comments:

swonch said...

hope you like comments because i can't help myself.
i LOVE those girls! i wish so bad i could join the fun (which i'm sure is only fun for the first hour or so)
praying for all of you. missing their joy.

Trena said...

Ha! Of course I like comments! It shows me that someone besides my mom and Kris read it! You and Jen are the comment queens. :-)
Yes, it was fun, but at an hour and a half and there were still three full basins left and blankets on the ground, my Prado out the corner of my eyes was quite tempting. And I told them that I would be back at 10 this morning since they are short handed and can't get behind since we don't have a washer. But, as long as I don't have to do the initial nappy rinsing, I'm totally fine helping out! And we wish you were here, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...