I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Boys Hanging Out

I do love these boys! They are one my "good things along the way" that I talked of yesterday.

They have been out of school and staying at my house for almost one month. They do not actually stay in my house, but they stay on the compound with Kennedy and Tobias. It has been more of a pleasure to have them here than I expected. They are happy. They are fun. I really enjoy them being here.

Don't they just look like a great group of guys?!

Humphrey

Patrick

Moses (cooking)

Freddy (washing his clothes)

Antony (shining his shoes)

Collins (washing dishes)

Even though the boys are staying at my house, they are keeping much of their regular routine with their daily chores and responsibilities. And let me just tell you, American kids have no idea how easy they have it! These boys, as all normal Kenyan kids, do their own wash (by hand), clean their living space (with soap, water and rags), cook their own meals (well, usually just one small meal, but on a coal fire), and wash all their own dishes.

And even more, they do it with a happy heart! I have never once heard these guys complain. They are always talking and laughing and joking around while doing their chores.

I have thoroughly enjoyed having the boys stay at my house. And since things were not working well with their home situation before the school break, I have decided to move them here semi-permenantly. We have many adjustments and preparations to do, such as renovating the garage to become their bedroom, working out a schedule for a housekeeper to prepare their meals for them, and finding a new primary school closer to our house, but I am positive that this will be a great move. The boys are SO happy to be here and you should have heard the exclamations of excitement when I told them they would get to stay here rather than going back to where they were staying.

Truly, things are never dull or boring around here. Things change daily. There is always a new development in one of the ministries of HCO. And we are thankful for God's active work in our lives and through the ministry.

Welcome home, boys!

post signature

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...