I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Whatever can go wrong....

As my friend Dennis told me the other day that anything that can go wrong will go wrong when you're preparing to go home to America for a long-stay. Well, he is being proven correct in one aspect, yes God's graces make it all worth it.
Julia and I came to Mombasa to visit some dear friends before we leave for the states. We are SO happy to be here with our friends, Dennis & Allison and their beautiful kids, Anjela & Benjamin. Since arriving here (after an hour delay after boarding - good practice for our long flights later this week), I have had an electrical breakdown! My MacBook Air computer has totally crashed. (Yes, Macs can crash.) My phone charger, which I use every day, suddenly exploded. And my new NookColor that my parents gave me for my birthday won't even turn on. I can't figure it out!

So, I am computerless until I go home. Fortunately, that time is near, so I can hopefully get things back up and running soon. (Until then, I am borrowing computers, so if you email me or contact me, please don't be offended if I do not respond immediately.)
In spite of those hits from Satan, Julia and I are having a wonderful time! We are headed back to Nairobi tomorrow, then home to Nakuru to unpack and re-pack for our trip home. I will be packing and tying up loose ends Tuesday. On Wednesday, I will be meeting with our adoption agency regarding our international adoptions and finalizing whatever I can before I leave. Thursday, OFF TO AMERICA!!!
Some of our wonderful blessings we have seen and experienced here in Mombasa are:

297. Palm trees sunrise.
298. Luo baba fully loving Kikuyu mtoto.
299. First kisses.
300. Little Girl's first sight of the ocean. "Come on, Mama! Let's go!"
301. Throwing blowing leaves into the wind while watching waves.
302. Kenyan worship.
303. Little girls dancing in church.
304. Julia's praying hands.
305. Lunch on the beach, Indian Ocean backdrop.
306. Ocean air.
307. Little Girl's first sandcastle.
308. Eyes in awe as first small waves wash over tiny feet.
309. Joy giggles as waves come close.
310. Running back and forth to get white water sand.
311. Bright eyes seeing disappearing feet in sand.
312. Brown face, white sand covered.
313. Little girls in a row.
314. Girls and their mamas.
 315. Ice cream with friends.
316. Good talks with a friend who gets it.
post signature

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

love you lady, praying for you, and can't wait to see you.

Jen said...

I love you and am so happy for you and Juju. Praying for you and I'll talk to you next with a HUGE time difference for once. ;) Love the Luo baba, Kikuyu mtoto blessing. Love.

swonch said...

can't wait to hear more on int'l adoption updates! praying for you guys this week! hopefully talk to you SOON! :)

swonch said...

love the dresses too! great finds!

Cindy said...

I loved this post! We are dear friends of Dennis and Allison and I loved seeing the pictures! They told us all about you when they were visiting us in the fall. Praying for you and your ministry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...