I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Fun in Cloudcroft

I used to come to Cloudcroft, NM every summer as a child. I haven't been here in years, and now it is fun to be back with my little girl. And she is loving it!


She got to play on her first big outdoor playground! She was in heaven. And Mommy was a little nervous at her fearlessness!

Isn't it always strange how things seemed so much bigger and more grand as a child? These shops seemed to go on and on. Now, they seem so few and so small. It was still so much fun to be there with my mom, grandma and Julia.


I remember the fun of getting to chose my one special souvenir each year. Strangely, now I cannot remember a single thing I actually chose, yet I remember quite a few of my brother's....his Davey Crockett raccoon hat, his play riffle. Hmmm....wonder if Julia will remember her binoculars. They were definitely the hit of today!

"Wait a minute! Wait a minute! Stop!" - We thought something was terribly wrong. Nope, she just had to take closer look at an American flag, one of her two current obsessions. 

The past few weeks have been full of blessings, and the past few days have had their own shares of blessing. Here are some more pics of Julia's first trip to the mountains:
post signature

2 comments:

swonch said...

i love seeing you as an american mama! you look so happy and i love it. and i love your new TOMS! can't wait to catch up soon! love you guys

Trena said...

Thanks. I love it, too. :-) It's pretty weird, though. I'll be ready to go back by Dec.
I got red ones, too. Just to be like you. ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...