I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Things I will miss....

Yeseterday's post was a glimpse into the life that I will not miss, but the good outweighs the bad, and here are some things I will miss....
* Welcoming new babies into our home,
* Happy fruit ladies (Maggy & Grace) at my car door when I stop in town,
* Amazing flowers in bloom year-round,
* Boys who still greet me with excitement each time I drive in my gate,
* Beautiful Kenyan faces,
* Beautiful baby faces,
* Zebras on the side of the road,
* Warm welcomes from friends/waitstaff at our local restaurant each time we walk in,
* My Coke Lite w/ice brought to me almost before I sit down at Guava,
* Hearing "Mama! Mama!" when I drive up at the baby house, (already missing that since our "talkers" have left),
* Walking around with a baby in my arms or on my hip,
* my Land Cruiser Prado,
* aunties singing with babies,
* beautiful, exotic looking birds in my yard,
* boys playing futbol in my yard,
* a shamba full of vegetables in my yard,
* the view of Lake Nakuru and the National Park on my 3-minute drive to the baby house,
* Kenyan accents,
* Kiswahili (sort of),
* Knowing there are giraffes strolling through the National Park I see in the distance,
* Collins's pretending to have hurt feelings,
* Maina running with the puppies,
* Freddy's confused look when he thinks something is funny,
* Patrick's sneaky laugh,
* Humphrey pretending Dora the Explorer with Julia,
* boys redundantly singing "Happy Birthday" and "Jingle Bells" for hours, just for love of a 2 yr old,
....just to name a few.

And I have to stop there before I become a basket-case thinking of how hard it will be to drive away from the ones I love. In one week.
post signature

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...