I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

What Exactly Did I Sign Up For???

Sometimes I just have to sit back and realize that it is only by God's grace and provision that I am here. I could never have dreamed that I would be doing the things my life now consists of, though I wouldn't change it for the world! 

I do have to wonder how I even got here. Writing registration documents for a baby center in Africa, making calls to find a proper stud goat, and taking food to an old mama who is HIV+ and caring for her four grandchildren (all things I did today) is a far cry from my former life as a kindergarten teacher in America!


Today was a busy day. In addition to those things I just mentioned, today also consisted of the annual board meeting of the Society we are now a part of (the meeting to vote us in, in fact), the official inspection of the baby house by the District of Health (which, amazingly, went pretty well), and the 12th court date for our baby Kate (which was postponed once again and the judge said he will dismiss the case if things are not in order at the next date). Can we agree that today was a busy and productive day...especially by Kenyan standards?!?!


We are currently working through the registration process for our HOH Baby Center. This has been in process for several months, and we are now on the downhill slope...I hope! Our submission date is set for November 17th. Since returning home from America, I have been working on the documents we will submit for registration and preparing for our final evaluation. I definitely hit the ground running! The past two weeks have been filled with meetings with the social worker, Children's Officers, the accountant, bank rep, other missionaries with children's homes, in addition to meetings and appointments for all the non-registration related ministry and operations. Yep, busy times. 


Some of the policies I have written over the past week include:
Policy for.....
Visitors and Guests
Terms of Employment
Hiring and Firing Staff
Staff Discipline
Staff Records
Conflict Resolution
Children Admitted into HOH
Children Exiting HOH
Contact Between Family Members
Child Complaints
Education and Leisure
Healthcare and Wellbeing
Routines and Schedules
Child Records
Quality Care Review
Fire and Emergency Protocol
General Management of HOH


Yep! And that does not include the ones that require a separate procedures document, or schedules, or guidelines, or outlines. Who would have thought I would be writing a Guidelines & Procedures for Shamba and Grounds Maintenance?!?! (Shamba = garden) Needless to say, I have had to do a little research for some of this. I am definitely not a farmer! And I am not a plumber or electrician so I have had to consult more people for information to write the Building Maintenance Schedule. 


I am living proof that God is faithful and His Word is true!! He equips those He calls. Praise Him for THAT!! Oh, how ill-qualified I am to do some of things that are placed before me, yet in His grace He is sufficient. I am so thankful that I have had His truths to hold on to each step along the way. 


"May the God of peace....equip you with everything good for doing His will, and may He work in us what is pleasing to Him, though Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever."  (Hebrews 13:21)


"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." (II Timothy 3:16-17)


Today, I am living proof that He does give us the tools we need to do what He has called us to do! If I could give any encouragement to anyone facing something that seems to be a little (or a lot) out of your comfort zone, realm of experience, or level or education or training, let me just say....if God has called you to it, He WILL equip you for it! 


Seriously....I made calls and asked somewhat intelligent questions about stud goats today! THAT, my friends, is all God! Just ask my dad or brother!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...