I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Another Visit to Julia's Birth Home

We went to visit Julia's birth family again last Friday. I needed to see her uncle so that he could sign an affidavit for us to take to court and rather than calling him to meet me in Nairobi, I decided we would go visit.

We took sweeties (treats) and bubbles for the kids. They had never seen bubbles before and they had a great time playing!




Julia's mother was in much better condition this time. She was more interactive and happy, although it was obvious that she still did not have any sort of connection with Julia. She seemed to be more infatuated with the fact that we were visitors and were obviously different from them. She just kept touching Julia's clothes and pointing to the flowers on her shirt. And once again, she wanted pictures in the tea field. She first tried to tell me to leave Julia; she just wanted me in the picture, but I wanted one of all three of us. 


 Julia's sho-sho (grandmother) tried to take her to hold her but then her mother wanted to. 
Julia did NOT like it! Broke my heart!

These are Julia's cousins....


 This is where Julia would live, these would be her playmates, this is what her life would look like if she were not with me.


and her aunties.....

 Julia's mother is on the left and her grandmother on the right.
 

For those of you who do not know, I am in the process of pursuing legal guardianship of Julia, which will hopefully allow me to be able to travel with her. Americans are not allowed to adopt in Kenya at this time, although I have started working towards attaining needed documents so that we are ready when adoptions do open up again. I will not be going back to the United States again until we get travel permission and a visa. So, PLEASE pray for this process to begin to move forward and move quickly!! 


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...