I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Word for Wednesday - Keeping Our Eye on the Ball....



Or on the prize, rather.

“Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 3:13b-14)

Surprise, surprise. In typical Kenyan fashion, our AAC (Area Advisory Council) Inspection for Registration was postponed until tomorrow. Yes, typical.

Though frustrations come on a daily basis and I continue to learn to live in a culture that is so unlike my own, I am encouraged when I read that verse. This process of Registration is required by the same government that seems to cause the roadblocks and delays that prevent it from being completed. But I know that it will be well worth our wait. The benefits are so worthwhile and I will appreciate having everything in order and done “by the book.”  My assistant quit without notice just days before registration, but I know I will appreciate having done things I thought were taken care of weeks ago and tending to all the details myself so that I know the full process of all it takes to get this in order.

I have learned so much the past few weeks! I have learned the legal requirements of children’s homes in Kenya. I have learned a little more about how to deal with government officials. I have learned about the adoption process and what it takes to get our babies into adoptive homes. I have learned that our printer ink cannot be bought in Nakuru so I have to be prepared and plan ahead. It has been a learning process, and for that I am thankful.

And even more than that, I am thankful that we are able to be here and provide a home for our precious little ones. We may have a lot of hoops to jump through in order to operate “under the law of the land” where we live, but oh how worth it it is!

God continues to provide encouragement for what He has called us to do. I am thankful for the team of supporters and prayer warriors that we have behind us. I am thankful that God is faithful and that His Word is alive and active and offers hope and mercies, new every day. 

Here are a few other verses that I have been holding on to today:

“For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.” (II Corinthians 4:17-18)

Thank You, God, for allowing us to have a part in Your eternal purposes for these babies. Thank You that we have the opportunity to love them and show them Jesus in their first years of life.

“So then, those who suffer according to God’s will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good.” (I Peter 4:19)

Our “suffering” is so small in comparison to those around us, but Lord, I pray that they will be reminders of Your provision in our lives, and that we would continue to press on to do what You have called us to do.

Thank You, Lord, for the privilege of our light and momentary troubles and our [small] sufferings, so that we are able to see You and Your glory in it all!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...