I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Then Back to Reality in Nakuru

From shopping in Nairobi's nicest shopping mall a few days ago, to our weekly shopping at the market in Nakuru...indeed, a little different. But I do love the open-air market and all the fresh vegetables! 


Jully, one of our baby caretakers, does the market shopping for the baby house on Monday mornings, so I go with her for my personal shopping as well. It is much less hassle and MUCH cheaper for me to go to the market with a Kenyan. When the vendors see my bright and shiny translucent skin color, the prices magically double...or triple, or quadruple. It is good to have Jully to help! I am sure I slow her down drastically, but she is a great sport about it. 


LOVE this mama! She is great. We buy the heavy things first (papaya, potatoes, pumpkins) and then leave them at her spot while we finish. Yesterday I had a street boy that was relentless in disturbing me, pulling my shirt, grabbing my arm, pushing, etc, even after giving him money and food. She picked up her gigantic banana tree branch and chased him away with a chapa! She is kind of protective of me. 


I never cooked with fresh garlic when I lived in America, but it is so cheap here, it is a staple.

Yeah, I don't buy this but Jully does. Yep, it's dried fish. Omena.

And of course we stop for a yummy pineapple treat on our way out. 

I LOVE Nakuru! I am so glad to be here. I just wanted to share a little bit of Nakuru life today....Monday Market Day. A little different than Black Friday shopping in Nairobi. 

1 comments:

Jen said...

Ugh, I miss the pineapple in Kenya!!! It's nasty here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...