I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Monday, November 29, 2010

Black Friday Shopping in Nairobi

Black Friday shopping is definitely different in a third world country than in America! But Nairobi does have its share of nice shopping centers. When I lived in Nairobi, I never realized how "Western" it was! Now that I live in Nakuru, I really do appreciate that side of Nairobi. So while Julia and I were there for Thanksgiving, I decided to take advantage of the "Western" side of Nairobi and do a little Black Friday shopping at a few of the nice shopping centers. 


It was SO fun to get to show Julia the Christmas decorations! She is totally enamored by anything Christmas right now. I love two year olds! While we were at Village Market, I thought of how drastically different her life would be in America. She could see these sights all over the place. Once we leave Nairobi, she won't see these sights again. She had such a great time. 






Nelly and Julia were mesmerized by the Christmas decorations at Westgate Mall. SO fun to watch these  Kenyan girls' reactions!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...