I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Friday, November 5, 2010

Friday Favorites - Tonight's Julia Quotes

A few of my favorite quotes from Julia...all within the past half hour! (She is 2 years, 2 months) Life with this little girl is an adventure! I just realized it was after 9pm on Friday and I haven't done Friday's Favorites in forever, so leave it to Julia to give some easy material for my favorite moments from this evening.


We are in Nairobi, staying at Hampton House. She was in her bed, supposed to be trying to go to sleep. I was cleaning up in the adjacent dining/kitchen. 


Julia: "Mama, I need you."
Me: "What do you need?"
Julia: "I need chapa." (chapa = spanking)
Me: "Did you get out of bed?"
Julia: "Yes."


Don't you love that innocence?! It is that amazing stage when a child knows right from wrong, is learning about consequences, but has not been tainted by the human pull of lying to cover it up.


A few minutes later the sleep avoidance tactics are still going strong:


Julia: "Mommy, I need water. I need milk. I need juice. I need popcorn." All said back-to-back and very matter of fact. Silly girl.
Me: no reply
Julia: "Mommy, I need water. I need maji (= water). I need water."
Me: no reply. Really, she doesn't. I'm not being mean. She drank a LOT less than an hour ago.
Julia: "Mommy! Mommy's ears...Julia say, 'I need Mommy.'" 
Me: ...Okay, seriously, I have never said that to her. I couldn't stand the ignoring her any longer, I had to clarify what I heard! I walked over to her in the bed, leaned down and said, "What do you need?"
Julia: ...She put her hands on my face and turned it sideways, held my ear with both hands, put her mouth to my ear and said, "I - need - Mommy." 


Hilarious! (I thought so anyway.) Obviously, I was not listening, so she had to tell my ears to tell me to listen???? We do talk about ears....Ears hear, ears are for listening, etc. But I don't know where she got that whole thought process. Kinda cool though.


Aaaand few minutes later....


Julia"Mommy, where's Daddy? Mommy, where's Daddy? Mommy, where's mine Daddy?" (Over and over and over, actually still going at this very second!) 
Me: "Oh, sweet baby, how I wish I knew!!!!!" (My silent response. She's supposed to be going to sleep so I am verbally ignoring her now. But dang-it, do I certainly have a reply to that!!) She is actually referring to the little Maurice character from her Beauty and the Beast figurines. He is Belle's daddy and she calls him "Daddy." I knew where it was; I had taken it off the bed so she wouldn't play with it, but....if anyone wants to help us find Julia's real daddy, that would be great, too! :-) 

3 comments:

Bev. said...

I promise I am praying about that Daddy, Treen! Love you AND your precious little girl! Can't wait to actually meet her! Hurry GOD!!

lianadiaz said...

Hope Julia gets a father or 'Dsddy' soon

lianadiaz said...

'Daddy ' not dsddy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...