I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

GOING TO KENYA!!!

I leave this afternoon. At this point, I don't know if I'm more excited to be leaving or to be finished packing!

My prayer requests at this point:
GETTING THERE - travel mercies; smooth & timely connections
BEING THERE - that the Lord would guide my steps each day and open doors for service
COMING HOME - continued guidance and a flexible job


GETTING THERE - I'm a little nervous about my flight connections this time. I fly into London Gatwick and out of Heathrow. I have a 3 hour, 15 minute layover in which I have to get bags from baggage claim, go through customs, take a bus to the other airport, and go through security there. The British Airways website says it is a 1-1 1/2 hours bus ride. I have HEAVY bags! And, in the light of heightened security in London, I'm a little nervous about the security lines.
BEING THERE - I have no plan!! It is so hard to leave not knowing exactly what I will be doing each day. It is NOT my personality to go into this without a plan! It is such a strange feeling to know so clearly that the Lord is leading me to Kenya this summer, and still not know exactly why. I do know several things I will do and places I will go. I know of several people I will stay with. But as far as the details and any sort of schedule on the calendar...nonexistant! It is a true test of dependence on God...and it's already stretching me! Please pray that I would submit to His leading each day and that my eyes would be open to opportunities to show His love to the people in front of me. I have asked the Lord to place people in my path all along the way, the people He wants me to meet. I know there is a purpose in my going, and trust the Lord to bless my time there and use it for His glory and honor. I would appreciate your prayers for the same.
COMING HOME - again, no plan! Well, for a job, anyway. I will probably sub at CCS and inCy-Fair, but I want to be open to whatever God has. I do need to be in a job that is flexible, as there are several times I know I will need to be out of town.

So...I'm off! Thank you for your prayers and support. It is because of so many of you that I am able to go. Thank you for allowing God to use you as a tool in my life!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Trena - we are praying for you and are so excited that you have a blog so we can know what you are doing! We are so excited about your opportunities and are praying for you and all that you will experience! Wow! What a summer it will be! Much love - Angie and Ricardo

Trena said...

Thanks, Angie! I'm excited about today's opportunity...I'm going to New Life Home! I'll try to post often, but it is so SLOW! I'm having trouble uploading pictures. Thanks for your prayers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...