I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Preparation Prayer Requests...

I have one more day to get ready for the HFBC team. I have done most of the shopping. Tina's livingroom is full of mattresses, pillows and blankets! The boys are dying to use them for some major jumping contests! I will do more shopping on the way to Brackenhurst tomorrow.

I have a driver for tomorrow! His name is Mwangangi. Jared said I may not be able to understand his English, so we may have trouble finding a meetins spot. Once again, Mutua will prove to be a life-saver! He will also take me to do more shopping on the way. Jared was going to take me, but has to go to Kisumu now to be with another team. Pray for one of the teams here with the Baptist Mission. They had an accident on their way to Kisumu yesterday. One person is going home for medical attention.

I am supposed to go visit Flomina school tomorrow morning. This is a place that William has heard is in great need. I will assess the situation and we will determine how we can help while we are here. Pray for clear direction.....directions to get there, as well as direction for how to serve! ;-)

The HFBC team leaves today and will arrive tomorrow night (Kenya time). They are on the same flight schedule as Loren and I were, so pray for their connections, as well.

Finally, pray for my health. Everyone in my house is sick! Tina says they have had the flu. Mutua says it is just because of the weather. Either way, both kids were just pathetic yesterday, and Mutua and Musila are home in bed all day. Totally uncharacteristic of Musila!! Right now, I am feeling fine, but getting a cough. This is not a good time to get sick! So....I won't!!

Thank you all for reading and praying! I am finding how greatly life is dependent on prayer!! That is the only way things get done! And, how rewarding that it brings us closer to Him!

Oh yeah....PRAISE GOD for protection!! I didn't feel all the temors. Everyone else did, though. I happened to be sleeping or driving for all but the last one. This country's advise for how to prepare is crazy! News is quite interesting here! Thanks for praying!!

2 comments:

jamie breed said...

Trena, I'm praying that you are feeling better and NOT getting sick! I have really enjoyed reading about your great adventure, especially of how God is blessing you and preparing the way for your work there. Love you, Jamie

Treys Mom said...

Hi Trena- After reading your blog it seems as if you are keeping yourself busy. It is so interesting to see how different the culture is. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Trey sends his love. Take Care.

Tonya

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...