I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

HFBC @ Brackenhurst

Well, the HFBC team arrived. Surprisingly, I feel like I am on vacation now! I was so busy before, seeing so many things, visiting so many places. Now, we are in a beautiful retreat center, leaving here around 10-10:30 in the morning and arriving back here between 1-3:00pm. We have a great deal of time to rest and enjoy the incredible beauty of this place! I've needed it, though! I did get sick. In fact, I had the full-blown flu. Running a fever and feeling horrible so far from home and my own bed was NOT fun! I was pretty much out of it from last Friday until yesterday. Finally feeling better.

The team is great. There are so many hard workers and people who are so in love with these children we are meeting. The team spent a few hours Saturday and Sunday at Into Abba’s Arms. (I didn’t go.) They helped get a container ready to be transformed into a library for the kids and got a basketball goal set up. The kids loved playing with the parachute.

Yesterday we visited a school that is run by Imani (Faith) Baptist Church in Limuru. There were only about 20 children there. We sang, played games, read stories, did a craft. Several groups went out and ministered to people in the village. There were at least two professions of faith! The school was so much different than any of the schools I visited in Nairobi before the team came! As the team was in awe of the conditions and how they were learning with so few resources, I was in awe of the great amount of resources they had in comparison to what I had seen. It is amazing what these created teachers can do with so little! And, even more amazing that these little guys learn so well with what they have.

This morning, we walked up the hill to Tigoni Baptist Church school. There were many more kids…at least 100. We rotated between games (my group – the parachute), songs and crafts, and Bible stories/testimonies. There were kids from “nursery” (age 4-5) to “forms” (high school prep, sort of). It was a beautiful campus. We were only there for about two hours.

Now, we are back at Brackenhurst for the rest of the day. Like I said, I feel like I am on vacation! Since I’m still recovering, it’s good to take it easy. Once we leave for Mukaa, the pace will pick up a lot! I’m looking forward to it!!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...