I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The African Waiting Game

Waiting for bags. I am more than 100 Nairobi passengers from London Heathrow to have lost bags since last Wednesday! I am staying with Mutua and Tina (Susan's sister). Mutua has been MORE than helpful!!! He calls BA often to check the status. He even wrote a letter on my behalf. They are now very nice when he calls! :-) Fortunately, the bag with my clothes and most of my personal things arrived. The one with all the gifts did not. Pray that it comes soon. The boys keep asking if my bag has "reached."

And, the phone...more waiting! I got a phone easily on Friday, but it is still not receiving international texts or calls. :-( It is, however, VERY helpful for local communication!!! (More on that later!) After many calls, again by Mutua, the livesaver, I am still waiting!!! Definitely Africa time! They're common phase is so true! As I am experiencing, time moves more slowly here and at a completely different pace than everywhere else. I had been told that, but now I believe it. It is way different than even Latin America or other places that seem to operate at their own pace. I even got an email from William saying that it is harder to plan things in Africa than any other place....and he should know!

Oh, well, God is good....and faithful! So I know I will have bags and a working phone sometime. Hopefully, sooner than later.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...