I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

My Sick Princess

Poor Baby Girl is sick. She spent most of the day sleeping, but in a moment of feeling somewhat perky, or at least awake, I asked if she wanted to put clothes on. She looked into her closet where I was standing, saw her dress-up clothes from Aunt Janet, and said, "I want to wear the princess dress."
As Rachel (as if she were one of my own, personal Friend) would say, "When you're sick, you do whatever you can to make yourself feel better." (Name that episode, Susan!) I am not sure if it worked or not, but she has had it on all day and does not want to take it off.

And if the princess dress doesn't help her feel better, maybe my Raggety Ann and Andy "sick sheet" will. This is the sheet my mom always gave me to cover with when I was sick as a little girl. I was not often sick as a child, but every time I was, this was my comfort sheet. My mom sent it to me a while ago.
I am not sure it this makes Julia feel better, but it does warm Mommy's heart. When tears stream down her face, though she is not even crying, my eyes well with tears as well at the reality that I am a mom and  we are creating our traditions, even if they are traditions not under the best of circumstances. 

Sweet Baby Girl has been cuddly all day. When I leave, in a matter of minutes she calls me back. I was letting her try to eat on her floor nap mat earlier today. She called me and said, "Mommy, come. Sleep with me and feed me Wheatabix." And she meant it literally. She wanted me to lay down with her, reach around and feed her her cereal. 

I am also sick, and in a coughing fit, she reached up and touched my face.
(Julia) "Let me feel your face. You feel okay, Mommy?" 
(Me) "Yes, baby. I just have a cough like you."  
(Julia) "We be sick together. Mommy and Julia, we both sick together."
(Me) "Yes, sweetie, but we will feel better real soon."
(Julia) "Yes, me sweetie and you be better soon, Mommy."

Isn't she the sweetest?!

15. Sweet baby hands wrapped around my neck in a hug.
16. Comfort wrapped in Raggety Ann & Andy sheets.
17. 7-minute emails!!
18. Boys chasing puppies - puppies chasing boys.

post signature

2 comments:

Karen Ivy said...

My heart aches that I cannot be there to cover you BOTH with the Ragged Ann sheet and feed you cereal! What a precious baby, and a precious mommy. I love you so and am praying my heart out for you this moment!

swonch said...

the one with the soap opera party!
praying you both feel better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...