I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Letters to Julia - Wonderfully Made

Dear beautiful baby girl,

You are indeed a beautiful girl. I look at you every day and am in awe of God's great creation. You are adorable. Both inside and out.
Many girls grow up and go through times in their lives when they do not like how they look. That may happen to you. But I want you to know: You ARE beautiful. You always will be, every day of your life. God created you that way. He created you exactly as He wants you to be, and there is greatness in all of God's creation.
"For you are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works..."
(Ephesians 2:10)
I pray that as you grow, you will develop a strong and healthy self-esteem, rooted in the realization that you are a workmanship of our amazing God. May your value always be based on the truth of who you are, not what you look like. And who you are is a daughter of the Most High God, a true princess of the King. You are already crowned with righteousness, beauty, and glory - just because He loves you that much!
When I was a young girl, my best friend Heather and I always said said something that our first youth director taught us a lesson about. It is part of a verse that I hope you will always remember and hold on to.
"You are fearfully and wonderfully made, and very unique to God."
Yes, you are unique. God made you for a purpose only you can fulfill, and He made you exactly as He wants you. You are wonderfully made.
"I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made:
Your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
(Psalm 139:13-14)
You are beautiful, baby girl!

Love, Mommy
post signature

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...