I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Friday, April 8, 2011

Babies, babies...goat babies! - and be our 50th Follower!

Well, in theme of new baby girls, we have new goat babies!! And they are GIRLS! That is a HUGE blessing, as they will grow to be our next milk producers!
Unfortunately, one of our females died after childbirth, in which her baby also died, a few months ago. This left us with just one milk producer, as the last babies born have been males. Well, God knew we were growing in babies at Haven of Hope, and He kept in theme of giving us baby girls!

And look! (To the left) We are growing in blog followers, too! We are at 49 followers! (Thanks, Emalee!)

So here's the deal: Be the 50th Follower of the HCO blog, and you can name one of the baby goats!
Doesn't that sound like a great idea? :-) Ha! And even if you don't want go name a goat, go ahead and click to "follow" us. You'll enjoy the journey. :-)
post signature

6 comments:

LeAnne said...

Am I the 50th follower??? I want to name a baby goat! I first thought of naming the girl goat "susan" so you never forget my niece :-) But I am sure Susan has already left her mark on your lovely home! So if I am really the 50th follower...then I nominate "grace" as a goat name!!!

Trena said...

Oh, LeAnne, Susan has definitely left her mark!! We have almost had a few babies names Susan, but staff Susan as well, that would be a bit confusing. It already gets too confusing with Susan, Suzy, Julie, Julia.

And, the name Grace is great, but that is the kids' mama's name! Ha! Want to chose another?

LeAnne said...

We have had many discussions on the best goat names at our house in the last 24 hours.... we are taking this very seriously!!! So here's our two nominations ---
"norman" if its a boy goat (Norman was the name of the cow in the movie "City Slickers" with Billy Crystal ) and it is also the name of an island we just visited in British Virgin Islands which used to be inhabited with wild goats but now sadly is home of a beach bar restaurant and gift shop!

If is is a girl goat, then "Gabby" just because the guys in my family think that all girls talk a lot :)

Cheryl Wonch said...

In honor and praise of God's greatness, I vote for "Glory". I know I'm not #50 but as LeAnne's sister and Susan's mom, I want to put in my 2 cents. Thank you, Trena, for your blog. Next to Glimpses of the Kingdom, it is my favorite thing to read.

Trena said...

Ha ha ha! You ladies are hilarious! Susan said it had become a family affair. And I think it's great. Forever memories of Susan. :-)

They are both girls, but I think Norman is hilarious! We do have another boy kid that we never named because I thought we were going to sell him. It's been 9 months and he's still around so we should probably name him. And Norman is great - it's my grandfather's name, and our main stud goat is Billy {Goat} and my other grandfather is Bill.

So....you got it! Norman for our older male kid. Glory and Gabby for the two new babies, to go along with mama, Grace. Love it!

And would love to meet y'all in person someday. Perhaps when y'all all come to visit Susan when she comes back as our social worker. (Yes, sorry to break the news to you if she has not already done so...I'm trying to talk her into coming back again after grad school!)

LeAnne said...

Too funny!

I second Cheryl's comment, your blog is one of my favorite inspirational reads of my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...