I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Baby Update - Jeremiah...I love this boy!

This little guy has been with me since Day One of Haven of Hope Baby Center. I remember the day we brought him home. He was so small, wearing 0-3 month size clothes when he was really 10 months old. (We had been told he was six months.)

Oh, has he grown! And oh, how he has gripped my heart! Our number of babies coming and going is growing. I really do not think that my heart is becoming hardened, and I do not think I am putting up unnecessary walls, but I do think that God has been teaching me the healthy boundaries of connections with them. No matter how I guard my heart, I still love them all so much! But there will always be something special about our first babies - Lizzy, Julia and Miah.
Jeremiah is a special boy. When he is happy, he is melt-your-heart happy with a smile that stabs right through. When he is not happy, well, the whole Rift Valley Province of Kenya can probably hear.
He has a real talent, too. Miah did not learn to walk slowly. He went from his first steps to running within about three weeks. He could jump with both feet off the ground months before he turned two. And from a year and half old, he has been able to play football (soccer) and kick like a pro! He drop kicks, never misses a target, and he can kick while running without missing a beat. This kid is good.
A big decision is being made about Miah's future this week. He has already been approved for Kenyan adoption, but tomorrow his file will be presented before the international approval committee of the agency we are working with. If he is approved, then we can see the prospective parents' file. I can't wait to see what God is doing here!!
We love you Miah!
post signature

1 comments:

Terry said...

Ohhh how he steels hearts. I am so glad I was able to see him again. The little worrior. Praying for that special forever familey.

Terry

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...