I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Monday, December 20, 2010

Girls Day at the Crater

We drove up to the crater that is at the VERY top of the hill from our baby house. Menengai Crater is not far from the baby house, but it is a LONG way from home! New York is 7,680 miles away. 


(And you can see that is certainly does not look like home! This is some kind of hot Christmas weather! And if you know me well, you know it MUST be hot for me to be wearing sleeveless. I just don't do that!!)

A new friend, Marilyn, is here for just a few more days and has been wanting to go, so Kate and I took all the girls on a Girls' Day Out to the crater. 



One of the amazing blessings of living in Kenya is the beauty that is all around me. The vastness of God's creation in this place just seems to scream His glory! To stand on the crater and look out, to pass over the great Rift Valley and gaze over the miles below, to drive out on the plains of the Maasai Mara and see rolling hills as far as your eye will reach - creation seems to go on forever! I am humbled by the vastness of God, how in all of creation, He is mindful of me. (Psalm 8:4)



"In His hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to Him." (Psalm 95:4)

"O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is Your name in all the earth! You have set Your glory above the heavens." (Psalm 8:1)

I may not be "home" for Christmas this year, but I am where He wants me for now. I am definitely in the presence of God, so I am home. What a privilege it is  to see His glory and behold His greatness - wherever we are!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...