I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Monday, December 6, 2010

Anything for Sick Baby Girl

My sweet baby girl has fallen victim to the horrible, high temp, long lasting virus that has been floating around our town. Poor baby girl. Her fever peaked at 104 yesterday and I would have absolutely been freaking out if I had not already been told by many that the fever would sky rocket. 

I will do anything I can to avoid going to the doctor here. They scare me. The answer for EVERYTHING is antibiotics and anti-malarial, neither of which are needed in this case. I am sorry that so many friends have suffered through this in the past few weeks, but I am thankful that they are there to warn me of the severity (or SADness!) of my baby's first virus. But we do have one special medicine that is giving a hint of help, at least to the spirits.

Julia recently discovered her new favorite food: grapes! I never buy them because they are so expensive and I didn't want to introduce her to something I would always have to say "no" to. I'm too weak, and I knew I would want to keep buying grapes for her. 


But today, for my hurting little girl, I will do whatever I can to make her feel better. Especially if it is something as simple as buying grapes! So, this is her dawa (medicine) for today....

...about $8 worth of grapes!



And that, my friends, is $8 well spent!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...