I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Baby Update - Julia

I know there are more Julia updates than for any other baby, but since this is kind of a ministry and personal blog that just happens. And since I have started doing baby updates on Thursdays, and today IS Julia's birthday, it kinda had to be her. :-)




In case you haven't been with us for long, yes Julia is one of the original Haven of Hope babies and yes, she is "mine."  The short version of the story: Americans cannot begin the adoption process in Kenya right now so I am not in the process of adopting, but I am in the process of attaining full legal guardianship of her. We will see what the Lord has in store for us in the future and we pray that adoption does become an option. 


For the story of how this happened (it was NOT planned!)..... CLICK HERE



We are currently waiting for Julia's committal papers to be processed with the Childrens Department. Once this is complete, it should be fairly easy to process the documents for me to become her foster parent. I hope for this to be completed by the time I go to America for Kris's wedding in October. Once I return home we will hopefully be ready to go to Nairobi to petition for permission to travel. This must be done through the Nairobi courts and will be quite strenuous. They have really cracked down and are being much more critical in evaluating cases. 


There is still a long road ahead of us before she is permitted to travel with me to the United States, but I KNOW it is worth it and I have faith that it WILL happen.  Until then, I enjoy every moment I have with this little angel. She is truly a blessing in my life, my joy and my delight. I am grateful that the Lord has allowed me the privilege of being her mommy. I wake up every morning, look at her beautiful face and smile. I am in awe of her - her beauty, her inner joy, her ability to overcome obstacles from the very beginning of her life, and her sheer pleasure in life. What a picture of God's abundant grace! 


To read Julia's background story and meet her birth family, CLICK HERE.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...