I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Thank You, Jal FBC

First Baptist Church of Jal, New Mexico is a great friend of HCO. They have been a great blessing and support to us over the past three years. From church-wide bake sales to AWANAs and Vacation Bible School projects, they have taken an interest in this ministry and worked hard to show their support for us in many ways.


We recently received a few packages from them. They collected baby clothes and shoes and sent them in the mail. So much fun!! I got a care package from my best friend for my birthday, and my mom sends things occasionally, but this was the first time I got a real package from anyone else in almost two years. It was like Christmas!!! So many cute baby clothes, especially tiny baby girl clothes! It made me want a new baby girl. 


Then, a few days ago we got two more packages from Jal FBC and special friend, Joyce. This time, lots of great fabric to make more baby carriers!! I can't wait to get them made and start using them! 


(A box this size costs about $15 to send from the US to Kenya)

Joyce, or Joycee as my mom calls her, is my mom's best friend from childhood through high school. Joyce works with the kids at the church and coordinates most of the projects. Thanks for everything, Joyce! We really appreciate y'all!!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...