I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday's Favorite

My favorite bit of GOOD NEWS this week....

We are getting much closer to getting our babies placed for adoption! We have made more progress since we moved to Nakuru than our whole time in Ngong/Nairobi. 

In order for our babies to be registered with an adoption agency and eligible for adoption there are a number of criteria that must be met. One of the crucial criteria are that the babies have a committal, or are officially committed to a registered agency or home. That was a piece of the puzzle that we had not been able to move forward with in our previous district. Now, with the help of a more cooperative and organized district and a social worker who knows how to get things done we are one step closer to that!! 


We received news this week that we have the "go-ahead" to begin the committal process with our babies! That also implies that our district is giving us the official "go-ahead" to continue operating in our district while we complete the registration process. So, as of today our social worker is submitting the committal papers for all eight of our babies!

As a side-note (and very important to me, personally), this also moves me a step closer to being Julia's legal guardian. The childrens officer has also agreed to help push Julia's committal through first and quickly in hopes of processing her fostering papers before I leave for America. She will still not be able to travel with me, but I will legally be her guardian when I leave and can make the choice where to leave her while I am gone. Then, we will be ready to move forward with the permission to travel as soon as I return. Pray this is able to be expidited within the next one month.


Yep, I LOVE good news! And this was my most favorite news this week! 


Another piece of favorite news this week is that my friends, the Omondi's, got the visa for their daughter, Anjela, to travel to America in September! (Remember THIS post and prayer request?) Thanks for your prayers for them. 


And thanks in advance for your prayers for us as we submit the committal papers for our babies! Please join us in praying for quick and efficient processing.



1 comments:

Melody said...

Oh Trena!! This is the most exciting news ever!!! Thank you Lord for your faithfulness.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...