I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Friday, August 27, 2010

Happy Birthday to my Baby Girl



I love birthdays. I love traditions. I love memories. I love making memories. And making moments special. 



And to help us remember the memories (ha!) I copied from other bloggers and decided to start documenting with a sign. Julia loved her first sign! 

"My very last day as a one year old"

Today was a special day for my little girl and I wanted to start making memories of fun traditions. In what I hope will be a birthday tradition in our home, Julia woke to find her Birthday Door and a string maze around the house. It is always a bit of a challenge to accomplish what I want to while living in Kenya. Things commonly found in America, those "little things" that add special touches, are sometimes hard to find in a third world country.


I ran a string through the house, from her room to her birthday table. At each corner point was a little gift that she stopped and unwrapped as she followed the string.
(Thanks, Nana, for care packages full of fun stuff....like wrapping paper and ribbon!)



The string was hung at her level and she had to cross over/under a few times.





Her Birthday Door!

She was not quite sure what to think at first, but she got the hang of it and was completely into it by the end. 









The string ended at her birthday table. 
Yes, always a kindergarten teacher, I had to make sure her sign and end-point were at her level. :-) 


She saw this individual birthday cake pack in a package that came from Nana a few weeks ago. She was SO excited to finally get it!

"Prilly" Girl

Happy Birthday, to my Baby Girl!!

I love you forever!
~Mama

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...