I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Monday, March 31, 2008

New Car....Finally!!!

What a process! I survived my first major purchase in a foreign country! Hopefully, I will not be doing many more. God blessed me with exactly what I need. I am the first owner of this vehicle in Kenya, which is a VERY good thing! Cars take a huge beating on these “roads.” Other than the color, it is exactly what I wanted and what I need. There are not many red cars here, and I don’t really need anything else to make me stick out and be noticed!! But, other than that, it is perfect and I love it!

When I first started looking at pictures of imported cars, it took awhile to get used to the right-hand side steering wheel. Surprisingly, it didn’t take that long to get used to driving on the right hand side, though. Traffic rules, or lack thereof, are a little harder, but I am learning.


I think I was more excited to finally get this car than any other car I’ve bought before. It will make such a difference in what I am able to do here in Kenya. Travel is difficult in Kenya, and scheduling around and depending on other people is even more difficult! (Time doesn’t really exist here.)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...