I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Monday, March 24, 2008

Prayer Request - vehicle purchase

I was all set to post about New Life...complete with adorable pictures of the precious babies I get to hold and play with everyday. But, TIA (this is Africa)....once again, internet is not cooperating. :-(

And that leads me to a prayer request. I am in the process of buying a vehicle, which would enable me to go places with better internet more easily, among a host of other things! At this point, the money has been wired from my US account. (Thanks, Kris, my personal business assistant!!! Actually, the do-er rather than the assistant!) It is slow in processing because Friday and Monday are bank holidays here. I should have access to it by the end of the week. Then I will be one step closer to having my own transportation!

The dollar has dropped drastically in the past few weeks!! It is going to continue to do so over the next several weeks as well. That makes buying a vehicle much more difficult. Fortunately, thanks to the Kivuitu's, I have a guy who will allow me to pay in dollars and he will hold them until it rises again! Meanwhile, I get a car at the rate of a few weeks ago!! As soon as my money arrives, he will go to Mombasa and get my car!! Praise God! It is a super-long process....that is the short version. (Well, as short as Trena can be!)

Please pray that the right vehicle will be found, the one that God wants me to have...safe & stable. The guy who is doing it has the vehicle identified and chosen, but may change his mind once he sees it. It has not been driven in Kenya, which is a VERY good thing. Pray for favor as Mwaura works on my behalf. Pray that I will be a good steward of the funds the Lord has blessed me with and that He will honor that and direct us to the right vehicle for me.

Then, I will be free!! I will be able to do so much more....and save a lot of money on taxi fares!!! And I'll be able to get to faster, less frustrating internet!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...