I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I'm in Kenya....Finally!!!!!

I arrived a little before noon Sunday morning. Everything was exactly as I remember it. They had been telling me that things were going on as usual in Nairobi, but seeing it felt great.

It was great to see "the family." They all came over to Tina's (where I stay) for prayer Sunday evening. Nick (Jane's husband) did the devotional...about change. How appropriate on so many levels. It was a great blessing from the Lord to hear words that were directly spoken to what I needed to hear, as well as everyone else. So many changes in Kenya for each of them. Though not directly affected by the post-election violence, all have been indirectly affected...loss of jobs, changes in jobs, loss of house help, etc. Oh, how we are stretched and strengthened by change. God has a perfect plan and purpose in all of it.

So....details....I'm having a harder time adjusting after travel than I've had before. It's typically harder to go the other direction (to the States) but I can't get my sleep schedule down! And, I'm trying to stay awake in the daytime! I went to bed at 10pm last night and lied awake until after 5:30am!!! It was miserable!!!! But I am completely awake and fine during the day. I'm praying it doesn't catch up with me and knock me out in a few days.

Plans as of now....not much this week. Just getting readjusted, spending time with the boys, having fun. Next week, I am considering going on a little trip across Kenya. There is a caravan from the church I attend (Nairobi Chapel) and Nairobi Baptist, and some others, going from Mombasa to Kisumu. If I end up doing that, I will write more about it in a few days. I'm pressed for time right now. I will be talking with someone about that tomorrow. I'm not sure if that is what I need to do, or not. If I do not go, I will still work here with the ground work end of it all. Please pray that the Lord will reveal His plan for me; that I will hear direction from Him as to which way to go.

Thanks for all the prayers and support!! Blessings to you all...

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...