I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Thursday, March 13, 2008

I love English!

I know it's not the greatest language, but I KNOW it!!!

I've never learned a new language before. It's hard! I did take Spanish in school, but we went at a much slower pace!!! Three hours a day is a LOT of information!!!! And, I like to really know one thing before moving on to something else. That's not possible at the pace! But, I've been assured I will learn it. I hope so! My head is about to explode!!!! Three hours with my teacher then studying for several more hours a day! It's been a long time since I had to study something. There's a reason I never had the desire to get my master's!!!!!

So, in case you're wondering...learning Swahili is filling most of my time now. Since I did not go away to language school, I am trying to focus hard on it now.

My schedule works great for now. I have Kiswahili lessons from 8-11:00, then go to New Life Home at 11:00. I spend a few hours there before going back home to study. I think that will be my routine for at least the next month. Nights are always busy doing something with some part of the family.

I LOVE going to New Life Home. If you read any of my blog last summer, it is the same place I talked about then, the AIDS/HIV orphanage. I had a video of it up for a long time. Maybe I'll find it again and re-post it.

4 comments:

Ulovebeth said...

Trena! I just checked your blog! I didn't know you were there. I'm so glad you finally made it back!
Please update me on the kids from New Life per e-mail if you have a chance. :)

Bev. said...

Hey Trena!!
I'm loving you and praying daily for YOU! I know you are loving the time with the KIDS and I know you are such a blessing to each one there. I can't imagine how hard the new language is but what a relief as you begin to master it!
Just know that I pray daily for you and look forward to each word from your blog and from your precious MOM! Take care of YOU!
I Love you,
Bev.

Trena said...

Yea!!! I have finally have posted comments!! You guys make me feel so good!! :-)

Beth,I just happen to be signing on to share a New Life story right now! So many sweet little ones! I'll email later. Don't have much time tonight.

Love you, Bev!

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you for persevering in learning Kiswahili. I totally understand your exhaustion. When i get back to Mombasa i'll be looking for my own language tutor also.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...