I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

New Life Home Trust


Can I say how much I love this place?!?! I know there are many more orphanages that are in great need of support – financial, volunteers, training, etc. But, this place has captured my heart! The fact that they take in such tiny, sick, abandoned little babies and nurse them to health in order to provide them with a new family of their own is simply amazing! When I look through the window of the NICU and see some tiny babies in incubators and know that some of the babies in my class were once there, I am encouraged beyond belief.
It is something we don’t hear of often in the States, the fact that these little ones who are HIV+ at birth can become healthy, normal children who are HIV-negative within months. It is such a blessing from the Lord that this organization is provided with the funds to provide such superior health care. There are many orphanages in Kenya, but that is what sets this one apart from most others. It is the financial gifts of others that enable New Life Home to do the amazing work that it does.

I want to thank those of you who have partnered with me financially in ministry in Kenya. Through that, we are able to contribute to the needs of New Life Home. Albeit a somewhat small contribution in the whole scheme of what it takes to run such a ministry, we are able to know exactly what our gifts contribute towards! And, this place cannot run without the help of many volunteers. I am blessed to be able to be a regular volunteer in the baby class. Let me introduce you to just a few of those in my class.
These little guys are twins, Mark & Matt, along with volunteer, Nixon, and full-time staff worker, Hellen.



Koros – the biggest in the class, Mr. Personality


Dewey – sweet, Mr. Congeniality (I'll get a better picture later)

George – my little friend, love this sweet little guy! He likes to talk but usually has a serious look on his face.

So, who can imagine that any parent would abandon any one of these precious babies? How desperate must their own circumstance be! And for those who are orphaned, how devastatingly sad that there are no other family members capable or willing to care for them. Granted, these babies are probably better off here than with the families they were born into. They are receiving quality care that their parents would never be able to afford in this country. What a blessing that these babies are fortunate enough to call New Life Home “home” for this time of their lives!

If you would like to be a part of this particular part of ministry in Kenya, you can! It’s easy! Just see the information on the left-hand side of this blog, regarding how to make a contribution. If you would like your entire gift to go directly to New Life Home, please email me so that I can see that the gift given through “Coins for Africa” goes to New Life Home Trust in its entirety. I would be more than happy to do that on your behalf. For all other gifts given, a portion will be going to New Life Home Trust.

Stay tuned to further stories and updates on my little friends at New Life!

2 comments:

Ulovebeth said...

Trena,
SO SWEET!! Glad to see you with the babies again.
God bless those workers!! And volunteers. Talk about hard work.

Dennis, Allison, Anjela and B.J. said...

Hey thanks for posting those pictures. I can't tell you how eager i am to come and see what they are doing there! I used to work in NICU myself and i'd love to see what they are doing. Are they really sick babies or ones that are stable and just need to stay warm and grow and feed??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...