I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A Very Blessed Weekend

I'm so grateful to the Lord for such amazing friends. I am blessed to have such a group of people who will go to the Lord on my behalf and also pray for the things that are dear to my heart.

On Friday, at First Things First, ladies gathered and prayed for me and for Kenya. How it blessed my heart to hear these ladies' heartfelt prayers for the country I love so much!

Saturday, the Shed hosted a "Dispersing as a Tool" night where I was able to share what the Lord is doing and where I feel He is leading me. It was great to spend time with some old Shed Friends, too. I was truly honored and humbled by the presence of so many people who came to take part and to pray for me, for the future of Kenya and for direction from this point.

On Sunday morning, Jerrell Altic led a little commissioning service and prayer of commissioning in The Shed. His words were perfect. He spoke right to the heart of what I feel called and compelled to do. As he prayed, he made reference to the sovereign plan of God as I "moved from this school, to that school, 'hey, I'll work in the Missions Office,' back to school," and on to exactly where the Lord has led. Oh, how true!! And again, how blessed I was by the prayers of those who gathered around me and lifted me before the Lord!

In the midst of uncertainty around me, I know the call God has placed on my heart and I am thankful that He has known exactly what was to happen in Kenya long before I knew I would go there! His timing is perfect. Now, I pray for His wisdom as I discern HIS timing in when I will return to Kenya. I am so grateful for those who are praying on my behalf. Please continue to do so.

AND, please continue to pray for the peace of Kenya!!!! There are still so many who are hurting and have no place to go. May God show Himself as their Provider and meet their every need.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...