I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

At the Threashold of the Unknown...January 1, Streams in the Desert

The HFBC book for the year is LB Cowman's Streams in the Desert. For Christmas, Kris gave the book to my parents, grandparents, aunt & uncles, etc. so that we could all be "on the same page" while I'm gone, which is always good for the family! :-) Although we did realize that those with the Large Print Edition won't be on the same page as the rest of us, but at least we can all be on the same date. :-)

Isn't it great how God gives us exactly what we need, when we need it?! I needed to hear exactly what I read yesterday, January 1st. And, I'm sure that it probably meant something to you if you read it, as well! I LOVE when He speaks to all of us right where we are. We may read the same words, but it has special meaning to each of us.

Read the beginning of yesterday's devotional...

"Today we stand at the threshold of the unknown. Before us lies a new year, and we are going forward to take possession of it. Who knows what we will find? What new experiences or changes will come our way? What new needs will arise? In spite of the uncertainty before us, we have a cheerful and comforting message from our heavenly Father: 'The Lord your God cares for [it]; the eyes of the Lord...are continually on it from the beginning of the year to its end.'" (Deuteronomy 11:11-12)

How great to know that He knows and cares about what this year holds for each of us...whether we know or not!

And because of that...Yes, I am still planning to go to Kenya on January 28th. If things are still dangerous at that time, I will consider postponing. But, God didn't just call me to go to Kenya - if everything is good, safe, easy, fun.... He called me to GO. So, until He tells me otherwise, that is what I will plan.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...