I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Monday, January 21, 2008

Trena the Blog-Stalker


Yes, I guess I am a blog-stalker.
Allison in Africa.
The Omondi's.
The Omondi's in Africa.

Last fall, before I went to Virginia as part of the IMB process, I was googling IMB and Kenya to find blogs of people who had gone through the process, trying to get as much info as I could. I found Allison. I became captivated by her story. Before I knew it I was reading all about her time in Kenya, her work with the IMB, her ministry, how she met Dennis... I was even looking at her pictures.

Kris thought I was crazy! Crazy to instantly be so interested in these people I had never met. She started calling me a blog-stalker.

I guess I am. I even emailed Allison. Craziness. I am so glad I did, though. It was like we had known each other forever. After some phone calls and a lot of emails, I finally met them in person this weekend! What a blessing!

Allison and Dennis are now married, living in Texas while they work towards going back to Kenya as the Kenya Field Directors for Serve International in Mombasa. Serve International is the mission organization of Denton Bible Church.

They have an amazing ministry going on in Mombasa, Kenya. I absolutely love all that I have learned about their ministry and what they are doing. They are a fabulous couple. Kris and I went to their house to meet them on Saturday and had wonderful time spending the afternoon with them!

So, these people that I "stalked" are now my friends. I can't wait for them to get back to Kenya so I can see them again in Mombasa. I'm looking forward to seeing their ministry in person. And, I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store in the future!

Please pray for Dennis and Allison Omondi as they prepare to return home to Kenya. They are working hard to raise the rest of their support needed before they leave. Read about their ministry on their blog... http://www.theomondisinafrica.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE IT!!! From blog stalker to instant friends. See how the Lord works. What a great God we serve! May I put a link on one of my blog posts about what you wrote on your blog?? Love, Dennis and Allison

Erinlwat said...

Hi
I am a friend of Allison and Dennis. I also have a huge heart for Kenya and the people there. I traveled there twice, once to visit with Allsion. I just wanted to say that I will be praying for safe travels for you and for you time there.
Erin Perry

Trena said...

Of course you can, Allison!

Erin, thanks for your prayers. Kenya is a wonderful place, isn't it? It really grabs your heart. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...