I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Thursday, January 31, 2008

It's a Roller-Coaster Ride!

I made a decision, but couldn't stick to it.

Things have greatly intensified in Kenya in the last week. What began as political has turned tribal. Fightings are deliberate, intentional, and not likely to settle easily. Deep-rooted and harbored hatred is fueling the fires of violence.

After talking to a number of people on the ground in Kenya and here in the States, and spending hours each day reading and watching things on the internet, I realize that it is not safe to go now. How frustrating and disappointing!! Although much of Nairobi is relatively calm at this time, the entire area is still too volitile. I would hate to get there and be housebound, unable to do anything to help.

So, I am postponing my departure a few more weeks. :-(

I trust that the Lord has a plan in all of this. I know He is Sovererign over all. Through the turmoil that Kenya is experiencing right now, God has a purpose and plan. Please continue to pray with me that He will heal this land, show Himself to its people, and reign as Lord over all. I pray that the people of Kenya who are in such dispair will see Him as their Ultimate Provider and Healer.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...