I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Plans as of now...

I will either leave next Monday, Jan. 28th or the following week on Wednesday, Feb. 6th. At this point, I'm leaning towards the latter so that I can travel with my friend, Jen, and so that I can have a little more time to chill without being rushed before leaving.

I have talked with my friends who I will be living with, and they tell me that things are calm enough to come. Granted, there are still pockets of rioting and unrest, so it's not completely back to normal. I will have to be careful about where I go and what times.

There will be plenty for me to do if I go back now! I actually thank God for His timing in all of this. Working with those who are truly in need is exactly what I want to do! The same God who provides for my needs is their Jehova Jireh as well! Look at some of these precious faces...children who have no home or whose home is now unsafe. How can I not want to be a part of the work the Lord is doing in Kenya?



A boy eats corn inside a shelter for displaced people in Nairobi, January, 2008.
A child eats at the camp for displaced people at Nakuru's Show ground, in the Rift Valley area, January 22, 2008.
(Photos from Yahoo Photos)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...