I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Friday, January 11, 2008

"Many are the plans in a man's heart...

but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." (Proverbs 19:21)

That totally explains what I feel right now. His sovereignty amazes me! Oh, how many times I've wanted to go to Kenya before now! If I were planning "my" trip, "my" departure date, etc. I would have been gone a long time ago! I could have gone right after college, I could have stayed there after I went in Nov 06, I could have gone last summer and stayed. But, I didn't. Now, I see God's hand in that so clearly!

For some reason, He put this time on my heart. And He did so, knowing exactly what would happen in Kenya the weeks prior to my going! His timing is perfect. I may not understand it, but it is perfect.

God didn't call me to go to Kenya - if it is calm, if it is fun, if it is easy. He called me to GO. And He knows what He has called me to, even when I don't know.

I don't want to be foolish and go ahead of God. I want to be in His will. At this point, I still feel I am to go. In line with using the common sense He has given me, I will not go against government warning, though. The US Govt Travel Warning is currently set to expire on Jan 31st. So, I will most likely delay my departure to a week or so after that. I am still talking to people there and people here who are advising and counseling me.

One important factor in my decision to go or delay will be the fact of what I will be able to do if I am there. Obviously, it would be senseless to go if I would be house-bound. I would like to go as soon as it is safe to take part is ministry, such as a feeding program through the church, etc. God has a purpose in calling me there. I only want to be there if I am in His will.

So, please pray for wisdom and discernment for me as I wait to hear from the Lord. May I not over-step the purpose of the Lord - may THAT prevail above all else! I cling to the verses God so clearly gave me when I first felt the confirmation that I was to go...

"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'" (Isaiah 20:24)

"O Lord, you are m God; I will exalt You and praise Your name, for in perfect faithfulness You have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." (Isaiah 25:1)

1 comments:

KAT said...

Trena,

Thanks for your words regarding the verse in Proverbs 19:21. I was just reading this in the bible and googled the verse and found your site.

The Lord's timing is perfect for everything for us and we just have to wait upon Him.

God bless you as you serve Him.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...