I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Over the past few weeks, an estimated 600 people have been killed in Kenya and over 250,000 Kenyans have been displaced. Many have been forced from their homes and have no place to go. People who once considered themselves "friends" instantly became "enemies," fighting, torching homes, and ransacking belonging. This is the scene in parts of Kenya.

Now, these people need help. I want to help them, and am grateful that God is allowing me to do so. But, it is a little scary.

Is it safe? Is it smart? That's obviously debatable.
Is it needed? Is it part of caring for God's children? Undeniably, yes.

My heart is in Kenya! I love these people! I cannot wait to get there and do whatever I can to help them, to bring them hope in Christ, to love them, to serve them. Many are living in refugee type camps, in parks, on the streets, anywhere they can find a place. Few are with extended families.

Thousands have lost jobs, an obvious result of businesses that are unable to stay open. Because Kenya's economy is largely dependent on the tourism industry, thousands have lost jobs due to the current situation...hotel personnel, taxi/van drivers, vendors of all types.

People who have been providing for their own needs and the needs of their family, are now unable to do so. In many cases, there are simply no options for them at this time. No jobs for them to do. There WILL be, but for now, they do need help. THAT is why I want to go back!













I know that the Lord has called me to Kenya. I'm grateful for that. I pray that I continue to hear His voice as He leads me. John 10:14 says, "When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice." May I continue to listen to my shepherd and follow His voice.


From "Streams in the Desert," January 14th..."It would not be in our best interest to always remain in one happy and comfortable location. Therefore He moves us forward...
But take heart! It could never be better to stay once He determines otherwise; if the loving hand of our Lord moves us forward, it must be best. Forward, in His name, to green pastures, quiet waters, and mountain heights!"
(Read the rest of it...it's good!)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...