I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

What we're here for...

among other things, one of our primary reasons for being in America is to spend time with family. This is treasured time for us. Before we came home, Julia had only met my mother and my best friend. We don't know when we will be able to come back once we begin the process of legal adoption. In addition to being here to help my mother in her continued recovery, I want to be here long enough for Julia to establish, real, lasting relationships with her grandparents and friends and family. I want her to experience life in America in a way that she will be able to remember it. I think she will remember this special mini-vacation with Nana and Papa for a long time! Oh yeah, Mommy and Auntie Kris got to tag along, too.

We went to Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine, TX a few weeks ago. It is an amazing indoor water park that has more kid friendly play places than you can imagine!
Papa and Julia had a great time together. For one, my dad was actually able to get away from work for a few days to enjoy a little family time. That in itself was a huge blessing. He is by no means a workaholic. He was home before 5:00pm every day when I was growing up, but in the past few years his job has become insanely demanding and has taken a toll on him. We were SO glad he could get away on this special weekend, his birthday!



And this is what we are here for.....
one of the most precious moments I have had since we have been back, seeing something I have longed to see for almost two years. Tired little girl snuggling with Papa.

Great Wolf Lodge was a blast! We got to play and play and play together, Julia met new cousins (my cousin's daughter's), and even enjoy a super cool, kid-friendly suite!



Kris & Ju singing & reading in her clubhouse bunk.

These are the memories Julia is making, and we are loving every minute of it.
post signature

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...