I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Letters to Julia - America's first letter

Since coming to America I have not written a single letter to Julia. While in Kenya, Sundays were my days to go personal and write to or about my precious baby girl. For the past three months it seems that the majority of my posts have turned personal. I have enjoyed chronicling our time in America and sharing our American adventures and everyday experiences, but I have missed writing letters to Julia. There are so many special things that we share and I want her to have them to hold on to in the years to come. So, back to "Letters to Julia...."
Dear Julia,


We have been having such an amazing time in America! As much as you love Mickey Mouse, I don't think we ever need to go to Disneyland. Everyday in America is like Disneyland to you! America is full of so many new joys and simple pleasures.
One of our main reasons in coming back to America for so long is so that we can see our supporters, thank them for being a part of the team, and for you to meet and get to know our friends and family in America. Since we got here you have been inundated with people, people, people! Very few days have passed in which you have not met a new person. Most days you love it; a few days you have been maxed out and just don't want to talk to anyone else. But Kris always reminds me that you are doing remarkably well for what we are asking you to do. You are constantly being taken from place to place, introduced to tons of new people, you have no schedule whatsoever, and you are three years old. I am so proud of you and how you handle our crazy life!


Last week you touched my heart in such a special way. You asked me, "When is my turn to talk to the people?" I was unsure if you would really do it when the time came, but you did! And now you just naturally take your turn and tell about whatever you want to share. 
That may seem like a simple thing, but to me it was so special. I know that what we do in Kenya is special to you, too. You know and love our babies, and you know that it is our job to take care of them. They are special to you, and you love them. And I know that you love your boys, too!


I pray that you always know that you are a special part of our ministry. I hope that you will love it so much you will want to share it with others, not that you ever have to. God brought you to me for a reason ~ for many reasons, actually. I believe that one of those reasons is that you will understand the purpose of what God has called us to do and have a perspective of it that no one else ever could. 


I am so proud of you! God has given you a sweet heart of service and of caring, and I love to see you show it. You are a very bright little three year old and God has equipped you with a great ability to share and express yourself. I know He has great plans for you and I cannot wait to see how He uses you for His glory!


I love sharing this American adventure with you! You make every day special and fun, and I am so glad I am here with YOU! I love you, my best little friend!



Love, 
Mommy

post signature

3 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks a lot for making me cry. And she better be ready to see her Auntie Jen. I think we have some baking to do.

swonch said...

i LOVE these pictures and the picture of her sharing the love she has for her kenyan family!
come here and she can talk all she wants! :) miss you guys!

Karen Ivy said...

Nana's Girl!! OH, how she blesses me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...